Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another Busy Weekend...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well Mark and I had/are having another busy weekend!! This is just the way our lives are and we are used to it.

Actually, I guess it wasn’t that busy because we didn’t have any plans on Friday night – good thing because I was beat and was in bed before 10:00 – that is unheard of!!! I don’t even go to bed that early during the week.

Saturday was all of the running around and then Saturday afternoon we went to pick up the kids (Logan (4 yrs) and Saige (19months)). We were having them overnight. Well it was off to McDonalds for dinner. I know we should cook for them, but we are just learning all of this juggling and there is only so much that we are set up for…

Anyway, off to McDonalds and the PLAYLAND. We didn’t stay too long as it was incredibly busy. Usually I can block out the screaming and yelling of the other kids, but for some reason last night it was really getting to me and my patience was not what it should have been.

When we got home, we watched MAGIC SCHOOLBUS! They are really great shows. I should clarify that Logan and Mark watched the Magic Schoolbus and Saige decided it would be more fun to take out all the Tupperware and all the magnets off the fridge. She is a quick one too – all of a sudden she is half way up the stairs in no time flat!! I got some exercise chasing her around.

These kids are DREAMS to put to bed. We got Saige all changed, milked and into the playpen and close the door at 8:00 and not a peep until 7:00!! It was great.

Logan had a bath – he said he was dirty and needed bubbles – he is a smooth operator that one!! So he had a bath and since I don’t have any bath toys yet, Tupperware of various sizes is a perfect substitute!!

After bath, pj’s, story and lights out. I got a tap on the head at 3:00am as Logan needed to pee and he couldn’t reach the light and then nothing until about 7:00!!

The kids are SO good and they are a joy to babysit. I can’t wait until they have some cousins to share their overnights with!!

This morning we feasted on Goldfish, juice popsicles and pancakes!! YUM!

Jenn (their mom) was here in the morning and we got them dressed in their ‘fancies’ for photos – off to the Real Canadian Superstore for Christmas pictures. Jenn and I took the kids and now I am home.

I have a couple of minutes to catch up on a whole weekend worth of blogging before I have to start preparing for the evening.

Mark’s cousin Ray is coming for dinner tonight. He is home alone as his wife is in Poland with their baby for a couple of months. Ray does not head to Poland until December. We thought we would make sure that he got a couple of good meals into him in the meantime…

There are no pictures of our night with the kids as their mom doesn’t want their photos on the ‘net’ – understandably so. I don’t know how to do what Kathy does with covering their face with a pumpkin or cake etc…so until that time that I learn (hint, hint), I am not going to have pictures of the kids.

PHEW – rest time is up, back to the kitchen!!!

3 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Look at you - you're already a great mom! Isn't tupperware great? It never gets used for what it's supposed to around here either. Glad to hear you had fun and you're getting some good practice in for the years ahead.

k

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

You are too cute! Sounds like you had a great weekend with the kids and got to experience a little of motherhood.
I would be happy to show you how to do the face-hiding! If you have Adobe Photoshop, it's a breeze. :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sounds like you had a good time! The kids kept you busy! I don't like McDonald's playland either. Only when it's not busy.....:-)