Thursday, November 23, 2006

Everything happens for a reason…doesn’t it??

Recently both Mark and I have had some disappointments in our lives - as of course everyone has. When things like that happen, you find yourself second guessing yourself and sometimes feeling sorry for yourself.

There are times when you ask WHY ME?!?!

Of course, there is no simple solution to this question – it always comes back to EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. Sometimes it is VERY had to try and figure what the reason could possibly be. Other times the reason comes to you quickly and other times that you are never going to know what or if the reason was.

Yet there are other times that you are convinced that someone made up the quote to make you feel better about something that didn’t go your way and it was an easy way to console you – something like, getting pooped on the head by a bird is good luck – I actually think someone just made that up to make you feel better about being pooped on!!!

So back to everything happens for a reason...When I look back to times in my life when I think life sucked so bad and I never thought I could ever feel this bad / horrible / upset or sorry for myself and I can’t possibly recover from this – I do – as you have to – there is no choice. Then later when "there is light at the end of the tunnel" and you are not so sure about that. Then even later when “time heals everything” (another thing that someone said to make you feel better at the time – not always true – maybe dulls it, but doesn’t heal it), you look back and think – WOW, I am actually glad that “that” happened (not all, but some of the things) as it has shaped me into who I am today and it has taken me to the place that I am now – and that is a GREAT place!

9 comments:

D & S said...

I agree with you, everything does happen for a reason, even though at the time it might not seem like it.

4D said...

I hear ya! When you are in the thick of things you may question. Only in hindsight can you look back and learn.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Hugs to ya...I just wish we could see the lesson in it all when in the middle of the *#$&.

Catherine said...

Great post! There are times when we wonder why things are happening as they are but we look back and are thankful!

How are you feeling? Voice back yet?

Jill and Jaap said...

You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow...

And in our cases a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow!!!

Lisa said...

I couldn't agree with you more. My Dad use to say that sometimes when all you can see, hear, and smell is a big pile of poop you have to know that there is a shovel somewhere to help you wade through it. I've always thought of my friends and supporters being that shovel and they've shared their lessons and experiences with me while I dig my way out.
You're right. There is always a reason.

Anonymous said...

Well put Michelle!

Tracey and Mike said...

It sounds cliche, but it's true. If I look back on my life and think about having chosen to do anything differntly I realize that I wouldn't be in the place I am today. And I love where I am.

Anonymous said...

But, sometimes things just suck. And that is okay too!