Wednesday, November 29, 2006

From So lovely to so bad...

Yesterday was going to be a good day – and it was-great actually – at least to a point.

Last evening Dolores and I met for dinner. We had “met” in the blog-o-sphere and later discovered that we were in the same travel group with CB and that we lived about 10 minutes from each other and about 5 minutes from the GO Train that she takes. We e-mailed and decided it was high time that we meet and then we decided that we would meet at 6:15 at Kelsey’s. We recognized each other right away from our pictures on our blogs. Dolores’s husband Shawn walked in with her and my heart sunk...Oh no – I read the mail wrong and we were supposed to be meeting with our husbands – If I called Mark right now he could be here in 10 minutes. What a great first impression I was making coming alone when I should have brought Mark with me. – How could I have read everything so wrong...

Well I didn’t – Shawn was just making sure that I was there to meet Dolores – How sweet is that!!

Well Dolores and I got a table and started to GAB and GAB and GAB!! 3 ½ hours later we were leaving the restaurant as new friends!!

We discovered that we were so much alike in some aspects and our husbands are very much alike also – kinda weird really…We talked about adoption (obviously) and everything else under the sun. It was FANTASTIC!!! I can see a long standing friendship developing here that will extend to China and back!! How great that you get to travel to China to get your daughters together with friends!!

We took a photo of the evening, but I look TOO horrible in it to post it here!!

I got home and talked to Mark about the evening but I was SO tired. We were in bed shortly after that and that is when it all went DOWNHILL...

I woke up at 2:00am with a FEVER!!! Holy cow it was horrible. My throat was SO sore and I felt like I had a chunk of concrete in the roof of my mouth – YUCK!! I took my temperature to confirm my suspicions and yup, I was right. I was up tossing until 6:30am when I called into work to let them know that I wouldn’t be in. I finally fell asleep again as the sun was coming up. I managed to sleep for about 3 hours. The fever is gone but I still feel like crap!!

AND IF THAT WASN’T ENOUGH...I called the doctor to see if I could get an appointment today (as this has been going on and off for over 2 weeks now), he is FULLY booked as is every other doctor in the practice!!

So then, I decide that I should get myself ready and go to a walk in clinic somewhere. So I MUST take a shower – so into the bathroom to turn on the taps and NO WATER!! Can you believe it?? NO WATER!!! I am then just standing there in shock staring at the taps willing the water to come out – to no avail...I called a neighbour and they said that they don’t have water either. Apparently a main broke and they are fixing it. It could be hours yet. So then I am looking out the window and I can see the big truck there and they are digging up the road trying to fix it.

Now what to do – I really want a shower especially since I was in that “fever sweat” last night and I just feel ICKY and GROSS. So here I sit debating what to do. I have an appointment with the Doctor tomorrow at 2:30, but what to do today? Should I drag my unwashed body to a clinic or sit here in my unwashed body wrapped in my blanket at home? I am leaning towards staying home. I really don’t think that there is anything that a doctor can do for me anyway – people get colds and you just have to deal with it...

Well I just looked out the window again and the truck is gone – I don’t have water yet and the truck is GONE!! What’s up with that? How can these people go and take a lunch break when I have NO WATER!!!!

So there you have it my evening that was SO great and my night that was horrible...

13 comments:

Tao's Mommy said...

I love meeting my new bloggy buddies. It is soo cool, especially when you will travelling together!!!
Hope you start to feel better and of course have WATER soon!!!

4D said...

Sounds like fun! Meeting bloggy friends is great...looking forward to Sat!

I would liberally apply deodorant & go but that is me. Hope you feel better soon!

Keep smilin!

Jill and Jaap said...

Hope you feel better Michelle!!!

That is so neat about you and Dolores!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Michelle,
Firstly let me say how sorry I am that you are feeling so badly. Colds and flus make us feel so run down and can even make us depressed. It is no fun at all. If I were you, I would stay home, wrapped in a blanket and cuddle up for the vening with some good cold meds. Tomorrow, head to your doctor and get some better meds.
Hope you feel better soon. :)
Secondly, I am THRILLED that you and Dolores met last night and happy to know that you got along so well. I feel like the matchmaker here!! Too fun! Maybe next time we can all get together.

D & S said...

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly! After such a fun night too. I do hope that you feel better soon and get water too. Let me know if you need anything.

Tracey and Mike said...

You poor thing! I hope you're feeling better soon! At least you got to meet with Dolores and had a great time before the fever hit. : )

Rhonda said...

What a fun evening you must have had! It's great getting to meet the people in the "blogosphere".

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather though. :(

Did you get a flu shot yet?

By the way, how's your mom doing? I hope she's making a speedy recovery...

Lisa said...

Oh Michelle I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. This is the worse time of year too. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

How awesome that you and Delores were able to meet. I would love to join you guys sometimes as I think I'm not too far away either. (a litte more than 10 minutes though)

Catherine said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Michelle! Especially in time for Saturday's big lunch!

You've had a rough go lately. :o(

(((hugs)))

Catherine

Deb and Sean said...

Hey Michelle!
Thanks so much for checking out our blog. I've become quite a voyeur as of late with these blogs ... the bloody computer is attached to my lap it seems!
It certainly helps to pass the time away and, at times,
provides some comic relief ... as yours did, I'm afraid!
I do hope you are feeling better soon, but the whole thing with the shower and water ... kinda funny, from
this side anyway! All the best to you ......

Deb (from north of the GTA)

Anonymous said...

Awww Michelle I hope you feel better. Take lots of vitamin C, add garlic to EVERYTHING you eat, and these last two things will sound funny . . . but I was sick this week too and it worked for me:
1. Warming Sock Therapy – apply this therapy before bed
DO THIS THERAPY IMMEDIATELY WHEN SYMPTOMS OCCUR
CONTINUE PROTOCOL UNTIL SYMPTOMS SUBSIDE
• take a pair of thin cotton socks / dress socks
• soak them or run them under cold water
• wring them until almost dry (but still damp and cold)
• put them on feet
• take a pair of dry cotton socks (can be thicker) and place them over the cold socks.

By morning both the feet and the socks will be hot and dry and the congestion will be better – lymphatic drainage from the blood rushing to heat up the feet pulls debris from the head and throat area and also acts as a powerful stimulant of the immune system.

2. Cough Expectorant Drink
• pure horse radish
• lemon or vinegar
• honey
• few drops of peppermint oil

• prepare mixture in a cup
and then take 1 tablespoon at a time


I learned this stuff at work – give it a try! Feel better!!

C's Mom said...

Bloggy friends are the greatest----really and truly :0)

Hope things are looking up by now.

Anne Marie said...

Oh, Michelle, I hope you are feeling better (and cleaner!). And getting no sleep? That makes anything worse than it already is -- believe me, I am no stranger to that.

So glad you had a great evening out though.