Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I did it...

Well this post is about Monday...I had such a busy weekend and Mark and I took Monday off work. It is nice to do that sometimes when we have so much going on.

Well this Monday off we decided to get things organized and put up the Christmas Lights. For those of you in the GTA area, you will know what a BEAUTIFUL day it was on Monday. Well we pulled all the Christmas lights out of the basements and laid them all out and straightened them etc. and thought, we should plug them in first...well, of course, they didn't work!!!

So now we must going to the store. We had other running around to do and dropped by Rona for the lights. There must have been a sale on Christmas lights over the weekend as there was not much of a selection. By the time we made it to the store we just wanted to get home. So we picked up some lights - not what we were looking for, but we figured that they would do.

So we get home - already exhausted from all the running around - and start with the lights. Well the way the clip on the light is and where our plug is and how the house is - we had lights that would have faced into the house. So we had to make some arrangements so that we could actually plug them in.

Mark got out the ladder and we figured out how to put them up and I was being a good wife and holding the cord. Well we got them up finally and went to plug them in to see if they worked, and we couldn't plug them in. The extension cord we were using didn't have the 'wider' prong receptacle. We didn't have another cord.

So back in the car and back to the store. This time I went toCanadian Tire. There was no problem finding the extension cords. I also found the lights that we were looking for in the first place...I debated picking them up and asking if Mark would mind changing them - I quickly put them back down!!

So back home with the cord and some giant candy canes that light up for the garden - don't know how they jumped in my arms...

Well it is now dark out. Mark gets up there and plugs everything in and it all looks SO nice and they are so cheery and bright...

So I did it - I left them on and it is before December 1st

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Good for you! Don't you feel like you really accomplished something now?

As for me, I only gave in on the wreath for the door. The tree will remain dormant until Jadyn is home.

Jill and Jaap said...

Aren't you glad you took Monday off!! Lol..sounds like you would have had more rest at work!

We have our lights on too!! So pretty!

Anne Marie said...

I'm impressed! We're going light on the decorations this year since we're going to be away part of the time. I'm going to miss my tree.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOW! Your Christmas lights are up already? GOOD JOB! Now you just have to do your baking, house cleaning, present shopping, present wrapping, guest planning......hee hee.

The Carmodys said...

Merry Christmas! Way to take advantage of the warm weather to get those lights up. I'm sure it looks great. It sounds like you had fun even though it ended up being a whole day project. Post a picture if you get around to it - I'd love to see how festive it looks.

k

4D said...

Funny! We did ours after work one night. Pitch black and Dan is on the roof. Looks good though!

Keep smilin!

Tracey and Mike said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only crazy one around here with their lights on already. I too took advantage of the good weather & put ours up. I hadn't planned on turning them on til Dec.1, but there were so many others already on in the neighbourhood I caved in to peer pressure!