Monday, November 27, 2006

Friday and Saturday


It has been a busy weekend!!! Generally that is what life it like for Mark and I. Friday night, Auntie Jane came down and spent the night. We had a nice evening as usual.

On Saturday was Mark’s extended family’s Christmas gathering. There were approximately 65 people there. We had a great time. Jenn and Paul were ill and asked up to take Logan and Saige to the party. Just because their parents are ill is no reason for the kids to miss the party. We went and picked up the kids and headed to Burlington. On the way we stopped at Cousin Kathleen and John’s. It was Kailey’s birthday (on Monday) she will be FIVE and we popped in for a visit and to drop off a gift for Kailey. After our all too short ‘drop in’ we headed to the gathering – about 5 minutes away.

We also brought Tracey (my sister) with us and we were about people 8 through 12 to arrive. Every time someone walked through the door, Tracey was asking who they were and their connection to everyone else. I must say, I was quite impressed how she figured out all the names and the relationships between the people.

Diane (cousin) is the organizer of the event and she did a GREAT job. She asked Mark to be the Santa for the night. What great fun it was. It was so nice to catch up with everyone - well most everyone...we missed the Cochrane family and Tara as they didn't make the trip from Ottawa as we don't get a chance to see each other as often as we would like too. Jenn and Paul were also missing as they were ill. Krystal was studying hard for exams, Magda was in Poland, and there were a couple of other people here and there that were missing. In actaulity - there are 98 people in Mark's family. I think the number has increased by 2 (Anthony and Cameron) since we did the last count.

This is Mark dressed up as Santa and he did a great job handing out all the presents to the kids and getting pictures with all of them.

What a nice evening we had and it was great to see everyone again. And a BIG thanks to Diane for organizing this for all of us to enjoy!!!

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Santa has some skinny arms to go with that belly ;0)

Glad you had a nice weekend!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I just have to say, Michelle that I think that you and Mark are going to be incredible parents. I love that he got dressed up as Santa and that you love your extended family so much. It warms my heart.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted this michelle so I could get a little scoop of the night! I was sad to miss it :( but it's good to hear that everyone had a great time. 98 people in our family? hehe, I've always wondered but was too lazy to count - thank you!

4D said...

Wow, that is a big family!

Sounds like a super party. Mark will have to give Dan some Santa pointers as he is dressing up as the Big Man for our agency xmas party.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it, it sounds like everyone had a blast. Glad you posted some pics so I could see my big brother as Santa!!

D & S said...

Holy cow that's a big family! It sounds like you guys had a great time. Mark makes a great Santa!