Monday, November 27, 2006

Sunday - Happy Birthday Uncle!!


I am one of those lucky people who has LOTS of family - you could see the size of Mark's side in the last post. I realize that some people might not think that that is too lucky – especially Mark who has TWO mothers-in-law!! However, both Mark and I do realize how lucky we are the have the family that we have and enjoy spending time with them.

Well Sunday was Uncle’s birthday gathering. We have always called Uncle 'Uncle' forever...He called his Uncle 'Uncle' when he was a kid, and the trend just followed to Tracey (sister) and I.

But anyway...We gathered for Uncle’s (Uncle) birthday at Hortense’s (one of Mark’s mothers-in-law - heehee) and had a birthday dinner. It was DELICIOUS!!! We always have a good time and there is lots of laughing, bantering and competition – usually in the form of a card game. Last night was no exception to that.

It seems to be that whenever it is your birthday, you always lose at cards – don’t know why, it just is! I don’t know if Uncle lost, but I know he didn’t win!!

Of course, we had to take some photos of the day with our party hats on!! Aren't self timers GREAT!!! Starting back left is me, Uncle (Uncle), Hortense (my other mother). Front row from left is Tracey (sister), Mark (DH), Roger (brother) and Anita (sister-in-law). But wait there's more...

Hortense is VERY crafty and creative and a while ago, she made some napkin rings (squares) with our pictures in them (mine needs an update as I still had my braces on). Well last night, we all thought they were so cute that we decided to line them up and take photos of them so here they are...Unfortunately when the flash was on it was reflecting off the frames and too bright so these are a little darker then we would have liked.

So there you have it - I have completed my update of the weekend...I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as we enjoyed ours!

3 comments:

D & S said...

It's wonderful that your able to celebrate so many happy occasions with your family. I'm glad you had a great weekend.

The Carmodys said...

Looks like you have great times with that big family of yours. You are one lucky girl and your daughter will be blessed to be part of all that fun and happiness!

k

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Well, I cannot say that I have enjoyed my weekend, but it sure was nice to read about yours. :)
It's funny because G-Man calls Joël "Uncle" and nothing else. I'm simply "Auntie" and that is perfectly fine with me. Someday he'll realize that we have real names, but I think it's so cute that he only knows us as Uncle and Auntie.