Saturday, January 06, 2007

1 Month LID Anniversary!



Today is our 1 month LID Anniversary!! I am in a better place today then I was earlier in the week!! We are going to celebrate today with a brunch with
Dolores & Shawn as it is their 1 month today too - we will be travel mates (hopefully) to China! This will be the first time that the 'boys' have met!! Dolores and I have gone out for dinner a while back. We are looking forward to it and what a GREAT way to celebrate out 1 month!!

On another note - I was DISGUSTED while watching Paula Zahn on CNN last night!! There was a segment that was SUPPOSED to be about Chinese adoption and turned out to be about how Americans adopt Chinese babies because they think they will be smart! How INCREDIBLY ill informed! Mark and I were speechless and angry. We had a letter written to the show even before it was over!! If you too would like to give feedback, you can do so here.

For those of you who are interested, you can read copies of the transcript either here a blog that has posted it or here which is their actual website - scroll about 2/3 down...

I still cannot compose in my head what I want to say about the whole situation. Talk about sending the adoption community back!!

12 comments:

Tracey and Mike said...

Congratulations on your one month LID! I wrote to CNN as well. They call that crap journalism?! Actually their timing was perfect. I needed an outlet for some of the frustration I've been dealing with lately.

Special K said...

Happy 1 month LID-versary!

I didn't see the show but went back and read the transcript. I was outraged. I couldn't believe some of their comments. The one about maybe we think our kid will grow up to own a store. Are you effin kidding me?! I wrote a letter too.

Laurie said...

Congratulations on one month down and one month closer to your baby! Hope to see you soon at our next Waiting Mommies dinner.

Anne Marie said...

Look at that -- one month down already!

I only read the transcript. Geez! Racial sterotypes, anyone? Unbelievable.

4D said...

Happy 1 Month LID-iversary!

Have a grat dinner.

CNN was appaling...shocked as you were.

Keep smilin!

Anthony & Crystal said...

CONTRATS on your one month logiversary.

Both Anthony & I were appalled at the CNN special. We were anxiously waiting to watch it, and had told our family to do so as well.
Then to watch that spectacle......!
It sure did make it seem like the only reason that people chose to adopt from China is because they think they will get a smart child.
Who could be so ignorant!

And to think this is from a major news source........

C's Mom said...

Celebrate that month of the wait forever behind you!

I did not see the show causing all the stuff and have yet to read the transcript. It's likely to annoy the hell out of me so I'm holding off until after my call weekend.

Unknown said...

I saw the show too. No words can describe how I feel. Maybe they'll have another show in the future giving another side to the story! So happy that you got together with Dolores and Shawn. How great that you live so close and have the same LID!

Rhonda said...

Congrats on your 1 month LIDiversary! I'm too tired to comment on the CNN fiasco, dealing with morons is so exhausting...

D & S said...

We had such a great time today. We really should make it a regular habit :)

As I told you over brunch, I read the transcripts and was disgusted by the ignorance, rudeness and plain meaness of the whole discussion. They really should be issuing an apology to everyone.

Jill and Jaap said...

CONDRATS on your 1 month!!

Calico Sky said...

you are 1 month closer to having your daughter home forever!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!!