Saturday, January 06, 2007

Busy Day

Mark and I started out the day by meeting Dolores & Shawn for brunch at Cora's. What a wonderful brunch we had! It was great to see Dolores and Shawn again and I was happy that Mark had the pleasure of meeting the both of them.

We got along famously! They are a wonderful couple and we are so happy that we are going to be sharing such a great gift with the two of them. We were together for 3 hours!! I knew that Dolores and I could talk for that long, but I was most impressed by the guys – they were great!!
The topics of conversation were diverse – of course we spoke of adoption but we also spoke about politics, house renovations, family, driving and flying and traveling.

There were also presents!! From Dolores and Shawn, Pumpkin received a book, a “Piglet” with a book in his backpack and a bunch of hair clips in a pretty bag! (they don't show so well in the picture) Thank you so much!!
But wait there’s more, we also received quilt square # 9 from Dolores and Shawn too!! Thank you!! Our daughter will be lucky to have you in her life!

I know that we are going to be great friends and our girls (who will most likely come from the same SWI) will be friends before WE meet them!

After the mood I was in earlier this week – it was a FANTASTIC way to celebrate our 1 month LID!!

After some quick shopping (where we bumped into my mom) we headed to (Mark’s) Jenn and Paul’s. Paul is going to be doing some work in our basement – we (he) is building a wall. Mark and Paul headed to Rona to buy “stuff” and Logan and I came back to our place – I had the house keys...Jenn and Saige were coming over later for dinner. Logan was so good watching his movie and then when Mark was finished in the basement helping with what Paul needed him to do, Mark and Logan coloured and played Snakes & Ladders. It was very cute to watch.

While they were doing that, I was preparing our ‘impromptu’ dinner with whatever I could find in the cupboards and fridge – I did pretty good considering that I didn’t even go to the grocery store.

We had a great dinner and then Paul went back to work downstairs and I took Logan and Saige upstairs to bathe them. I thought I would help Jenn out as she pulled a major muscle in her chest/back and it would be hard for her.

Since we didn’t have any bath toys – Tupperware is most helpful – they had a hoot!!

Then by 9:00 they were all gone and Mark and I sat down to watch our movie...The Lakehouse...it was o.k. Mark said it was the worst movie EVER – I wouldn’t go that far!!

SOOO to make a long story longer – we had a fabulous 1 month LID anniversary!!

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Glad to hear it. Piglet is so cute :0)

I saw the trailer for that Lakehouse business on cable. I decided to avoid it...now I think I'm glad I did!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

What a great day! It certainly sounds as though you are forging a beautiful friendship with Dolores and Shawn and your girls will have such great people in their lives as well.
As for the tupperware in the bath...they ake GREAT toys! My preference is empty cottage cheese and yogurt containers. Keeping it simple adds to the fun.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That sounds like a really great day! Busy, but a great day! I always think that TUPPERWARE is the best kind of bath toys. Or anything that you can pour water from one container to the next. Keeps 'em busy for hours.....oh, and I heard the Lake House was horrible too. Haven't seen it....

Jill and Jaap said...

So nice to hear you celebrated your 1 month LID that way!
I like Kathy use a lot of recyclable containers...but every so often there is a neato piece of tupperware to be had! I have one of those cupboards that no one likes to open as everything falls out!

D & S said...

I'm so happy we were able to celebrate our first month wait together and I'm glad you guys had a great time too.

You guys sure were busy after! I haven't seen the Lakehouse but I can't imagine a movie with Sandra and Keanu can be that bad!

4D said...

Sounds like a great day!

Keep smilin!

Calico Sky said...

the friends we meet through this process are amazing. I am so glad you had a good time together!