Sunday, January 28, 2007

Saturday...

Saturday was another busy day for Mark and I. We were going to Kelly and Chip's house for breakfast/brunch. Roberta and Chris were joining us there. It has been a long time since all of had had the chance to get together and it was a great day.

Kelly, Roberta and I have known each other for about 16 1/2 years. We met each other at our first 'full time' jobs after we finished university and we became fast friends. No of us work at that same place any more but our friendship has endured. Things have changed so much from when we met to now. Kelly and Chip have 2 wonderful children. Aislinn is 6 and Rowan is 3. Aislinn is quite the artist and here you can see the pictures that she drew of Mark and I - Holy cow - can you believe that she is only 6??? I am thinking that she has some pretty strong artistic bones in her body!

Roberta and Chris have wonderful Clare. Clare is 20 months now and holy talker!! She speaks words like crazy. She can also recite most of the alphabet!! Can you believe it! Pumpkin received this wonderful book from Roberta, Chris and Clare. If you haven't seen this book, it is truly beautiful. The illustrations are out of this world. We also received a beautiful Paddington Bear Quilt square from Roberta, Chris and Clare. That can be seen here along with the other quilt squares we have recently received.

Thank you so much to Kelly and Chip for having us over and thank you so much to Roberta, Chris and Clare for the wonderful book and the beautiful quilt square for Pumpkin!

Well we left our breakfast/lunch and headed home for a bit and then we were off to our dinner engagement. We were headed to Shelley and Livio's for dinner. Bill and Julie were joining us there. I didn't bring the camera so I don't have any photos...sorry!

Shelley and Bill and I have been friends for about...9 years now - Holy cow - I didn't realize it was that long until just now! WOW!! Again, our lives have changed MORE then I would write here since we have met each other!! They have seen a different side of me that not many others have - and they are still my friends!!! LOL!!

What a great time we had last night catching up with everyone. It has been too long since we all had a chance to get together. We always say that we should do this more often, but 'life' just gets in the way!

Shelley and Livio have 2 great kids - Alana and Ethan. They are 4 and 2! Bill and Julies great kids are Danielle and Ashley and they are 12 and 6 (almost). The kids were all SO good last night!!

8 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

You both have the best of friends! I love that book and think it teaches such a wonderful lesson to all people.
Glad you are having a nice weekend!

4D said...

it sounds like you are surrounded by many wonderful friends with whom you share a rich history. It is great to see that these relationships have endured.

Ya sounded busy but I am sure it was lots of fun.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

It's great to be surrounded by so many great people. It's always great to be kept busy by people you love and care for.

The Carmodys said...

Sounds like another great weekend with great friends.

k

Anne Marie said...

Another great weekend! I too have friends from my job (which I am still at, but they are not) going back 15 or 16 years. One of the best things about this place is the friends I've made.

And I love the names Aislinn and Rowan -- beautiful!

Jill and Jaap said...

Busy weekend- but wonderful to spend it with friends!

That is one of our favourite books! It is a lovely story.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I absolutely LOVE that book, "Something from Nothing". It is soooo good. My kids love the little mice "story" at the bottom. One of my absolute favs!!!!

Norma said...

I love that book - especially the mice at the bottom!