Saturday, January 20, 2007

Waiting Mommies Dinner!

Last night I had the pleasure of having dinner with 9 special ladies. Last night we had another Waiting Mommies Dinner!! What a great night we had. I was able to see friends again that I had already met, as well as meet new friends – including Debbie who is leaving for China in 8 sleeps!! From the back left to right is Jill, Catherine, Lea, Chris and Andrea. In the front row, left to right is me, Laurie, Debbie & Paula.

There was of course much talk of adoption, babies, traveling, our travel groups and agencies. And there was laughing – so much laughing!! I think I felt sorry for the people who were sitting around us. I am thinking they would have had trouble hearing their own conversations as ours would sometimes get quite loud and animated.

Speaking of the people sitting around us – click here to read Catherine’s story...

As a tradition has started with waiting mommies – the presents were flying!! There were 3 waiting mommies that were quite dumbfounded by the presents flying around everywhere – it was quite funny – in a good way of course! In the picture, there was a wonderful Chinese New Year card and decoration from Paula. A package of scrapbooking pages from Jill. A cute pink stuffed animal from Andrea. Chopsticks to practice with from Laurie. From Debbie we received a lanyard for Pumpkin's referral picture when we receive it. Ladies, thank you very much for the wonderful gifts. Again you can see a snippet of it on Catherine's blog.

We are INCREDIBLY lucky to be a part of this WONDERFUL adoption community. We entered this journey in the hopes of receiving a daughter, and already we have received so much more then we could have imagined! The people (the ladies from tonight, from other gatherings and my blogger friends that I have not met in person most specifically) have been amazing and I am lucky and proud to call them my friends!

11 comments:

Jill and Jaap said...

Right back at ya friend!

D & S said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I have to try to make it next time, if I'm invited :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Glad you got to meet and share in the journey.

Lisa

PaulaBrett said...

We had a blast. Hope you guys make it to the Parent Chat.
Can't wait until our next Mommies in Waiting Dinner.

It's wonderful how we all share so much in common and can understand the feelings that each other are going through......not only will we all gain our daughters from this experience but we will also gain the love and understanding that comes from beautiful friendships taht will last long after our journeys to our daughters have been completed.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sigh...:(

I'll be okay...all this fun without me is a little overwhelming. I promise to not be working on my course the next time. I'm going to focus on St. Jacob's. :)

Calico Sky said...

what a wonderful time, of course there was another wonderful person missing ;-)

Julie said...

Wow, looks like fun!! Our group here in Montreal also gets together for monthly dinners. I can't begin to tell you how much it helps with this sometimes long and difficult journey!

Julie

C's Mom said...

Fun, fun!

Some days I wanna be a Maple girl...I'd love to join in.

(Got your squish - me luvs :0)

The Carmodys said...

I'm so glad you had a good time - next time I'm going to try to make it out if we're somewhat settled with Samara. I'd love to meet such a fun bunch of girls!

k

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Had a blast!!! I have to say that you are the best hugger in the whole wide world :-) Can't wait for you to give baby Olivia one of those


Deb
(7 more sleeps)

Tao's Mommy said...

Looks like a fabo time....Its so nice that you have all of those ladies close by!!