Friday, January 05, 2007

Thank You!

Thank you doesn’t even begin to cover what Mark and I are feeling right now!!

The OVERWHELMING support that we have received recently has been tremendous! Mark and I have been blown away at the wonderful and positive comments on our blog as well as the fantastic and supportive e-mails and phone calls that we have received. We are truly grateful for everything.

It is so nice to know that there are other people out there going through the same thing who really “get” what we are going through. It is also great to be able to share the good times with people too!!

My dear friend Dianne had adopted 4 year old Jordyn in December of 2005. She had to go through the home study, the medicals, the background checks and all the other things that we had to go through. She was frustrated many times along the way. This is part of the e-mail that she wrote to me – it brought tears to my eyes…

I just read your LID entry. I totally get how you are feeling. I am truly sorry.

The only thing I can think of to say is what an adoptive mother said to me when I was where you are. She had a two year old daughter who was the most amazing, precious thing you could imagine. She was truly happy and could not even remember life before. Then she told me she was so frustrated with the process she almost removed her name from the list 3 years ago. If she had done that she would have removed her name before her beautiful daughter was even born.

She believes every family is destined for a certain child. Now that I have Jordyn I would have to agree. We were definitely meant to be. She is so much like me my family just laughs. Perhaps you were LID on Dec 6 because that is perfectly timed with when your baby / babies will be available.


Mark and I are truly blessed to all you wonderful people in our lives – either in person or the bloggy world. Your positive comments validated that what we are feeling is o.k. and that what we are going through is ‘real’. I can't always articulate what I am feeling or what I want to say, but again we can’t thank you enough for the support and please know how very appreciative we are.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

So pleased you are feeling better.I know its a long wait for all of us-but Thank God we all have each other !! I have made amazing friends on this journey.
I have to agree with your friend-this does happen-so we meet the right child and I think whatever happens we are here to help eachj other and our future children.Take care and your Pumpkin will soon be here.